Grade Level Pages

GRADE LEVEL PAGES

Sunday, March 29, 2020

WEEK 2: ART UPDATE!

PARENTS:
Having survived my first week of being an online teacher and a parent of elementary aged online learners, I have a few updates to our Weekly Art Expectations:


  • If you have several students at RBS, and it is easier for you do their assignments at the same, time/day PLEASE DO!      I understand my activities can make messes and making a big mess once is better than the same mess several times.
  • I am noticing it is hard for my own children to regulate their time without their classmates around. There is no social clock or announced transitions. These art activities should take about 30-45 minutes only. If they have additional time and want to do more, great, but feel free to cut them off some.
  • I HAVE STRICT CLEANING EXPECTATIONS IN THE ART ROOM. Students should be picking up their own messes. Furthermore, your children love to clean my classroom. Soapy rags and dust pans are frequently fought over.      No, I'm not lying :) Feel free to give them cleaning activities and call it art class! Wiping, sorting, sweeping, and "dishes" are our most common chores.